• Line Dancing: Get your groove on and shimmy around with your friends while increasing your number of neural pathways
• Tour a Museum: A well paced stroll through a Gallery while chatting with a new friend along with the fascination of exhibits, be they Art, Science or Fashion is hard to beat!
• Chorus: Choral Singing has some great effects, like the release of endorphins, which give the singer an overall “lifted” feeling and are associated with stress reduction. It’s also an aerobic activity, meaning it gets more oxygen into the blood for better circulation, which tends to promote a good mood. And singing necessitates deep breathing, another anxiety reducer.
• Senior Lunch: After working up an appetite in a group aquatics or a Zumba Gold class join your fellow swimmers for a Nutritious and Delicious Hot Kosher Lunch. Eating together promotes conversation, mental health and social camaraderie.
• Social Club: Having a set time to come together helps alleviate feelings of isolation and give a true sense of purpose. The JCC Social Club Meets Twice a month and come together at 9:30 for Coffee and Bagels then at 10:30. Presenters alternate between Musical Entertainers and Informative Speakers, they also organize Sunday Brunch outings as a group!
Contact Maria Downey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (214) 239-7183 for more details and to find out how to join in on our fun!